Monday 25 April 2011

April - Withdrawal

Since Cory has been away I have tried to keep busy and have finished up quite a few projects!Thursday just before Good Friday, I had a panic of withdrawal! I ventured into the Purple Sock and pretty much forced  Lynne into finding me a pattern and some socks to knit. It was an emergency!! Ha ha. I was in withdrawal because I realized I was not going to make it to the next sock knitting group meeting and would have nothing (portable) to take with me to Florida. Lynne was great and quickly found a pattern for me and together we picked some really rich green alpaca wool. It is so soft and fine, love them already!



Lynne was great, stepped up to the plate even though she was on a minimal amount of sleep (she just returned from a well deserved vacation)  and I left a very happy woman. I also noticed a really nice sweater on the wall. The Purple Sock is such an inspiring shop. Thanks Lynne you really are great.

Today my plan is to tidy up my sewing room to a bit of sewing on this quilt I started last October. I know this sounds like it is taking forever but it is a bit repetitive. I have over sized the original to fit our queen size bed. The original pattern was for a 9 square wall hanging and this will have 72 squares. My goal is to finish it by October 2011. I may actually make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment