Saturday 12 March 2011

What have I been up to??

Well I have been busy. I joined a sock knitting group! I have always loved knitting and am lucky to have been taught early in life. I joined the group at the Purple Sock in Coldwater. Lynn is the owner and is indeed a creative person. I really enjoy the group that meets in the back room! Jody encouraged me to join; it is indeed convenient for me as I drop in frequently after work! Some times too often. The socks are definintely a challenge but I have been able to figure them out. Between Jody and I we have successfully 'collaborated' and got the job done. It is great to have a friend that has similar interests and we really encourage each other. Keeps me going and when we meet up it is fun to see how far we get!!

The next sock assignment was to learn the technique called intralac. This is as far as I have managed. I do plan to get some more done today. It is the look of the interlocking weaving stitches I like. I am not really fond of this wool though for socks. It is a bit rough after all the really nice yarn we have been using. The colours have not worked out like I had hoped but that is the chance you take with this stuff. I am looking forward to trying the heel it is a new technique called the peasant heel... hum not doubt a challenge. Lynn keeps us on our toes. Don't look at the price! opps!

Here are a few other projects Yummy Mommy mitts and

Here are some others that take about 2-3 hours. These are for my niece Jilly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment