Thursday 9 June 2011

I think I may be getting it!

I have been trying to figure out how to quilt small projects on my machine. I took a chance on a small table runner that I really like... was this a mistake? Turns out it wasn't! I am really happy with how this turned out. Just the right amount to do on a small machine. My arms and hands were tired and I took a break but I was really surprised how addicted I was to just finishing the next little part! I also enjoyed coming up with 'new' patterns within the areas I was focusing on. I decided early on in this process the only rules were the ones in my head... so I went for it and I am really pleased with the results.


Lessons learned: GO FOR IT! ANYTHING GOES! ENJOY THE CREATION OF TEXTURE! Rules do not apply if you are happy with the result. You are the creator of the project after all.

I will definitely be practicing and play some more... after all there is an entire sewing room of projects that need finishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment